Day 49

I'm trying really hard to nail my focus, specifically nailing the focus on Ella's eyes. It is incredibly hard (at least for me) to nail the focus on her eyes when she is always on the move! I decided that while she was in her jumperoo, I could take the opportunity to practice focusing on her eyes while she is at least semi-still. How did I do with focus? Any tips for nailing focus with such a crazy subject? To capture this image, I focused on her eye, presses halfway down, then recomposed the shot. However, I don't feel like I can use this method if she's moving around. Maybe I just need to learn to be faster . . .

Anyway, enough rambling! For some funny pictures of Ella today, click here!

Salina  – (February 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM)  

I think the focus is still a bit off. I think the dangly banana is what's in focus. Make sure you keep your shutter speed above 1/100 since she's moving (sometimes I have to keep it above 1/160) and you also want to avoid camera shake.

I have given up on recomposing since that is working on framing photos and I don't have that luxury with a moving target. I just try to frame right by selecting my focus point and then click...I can crop later with editing to frame the photo. I've noticed if I try to pause too long between pressing half way and pressing all the way I miss the focus.

I still miss focus a lot...it's hard!!

Lisa  – (February 19, 2010 at 8:39 AM)  

Thanks for the CC. I didn't post my exif data, but my SS was 1/125, so I don't think that was the issue. I think I just had my focus in the wrong place.

Post a Comment

I love comments!
Constructive criticism is always welcome!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP